5ac064e7: Attention API for nudges/buzzes/zaps of …

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 18:25:47 EDT 2007

* Zachary West had this to say on [26 Aug 2007, 18:05:44 -0400]:
> On 8/26/07, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <imadil at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Instead of having the new signals, would it be enough to use the
> > existing receiving|received-im-msg signals, and set an appropriate flag
> > (eg. PURPLE_MESSAGE_ATTENTION) so that a plugin/UI can treat it
> > differently if it wants to, otherwise just handle it as any other
> > incoming/outgoing message?
>

> There's already a message flag for them, although named differently (and
> possibly confusingly): PURPLE_MESSAGE_NOTIFY <
> http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/dev/html/conversation_8h.html#66e44dfdc0de2953d73f03fb806bf6f574d357ac460b25739ce72f9f21a2df17
> >.

That's a different flag. The closest flag we have that has somewhat
similar meaning is PURPLE_MESSAGE_NICK, which is set when someone says
your name in a multi-user chat. But I would much prefer having a new
flag rather than using an existing one for a new meaning.

> Zac

Sadrul