5ac064e7: Attention API for nudges/buzzes/zaps of …

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 19:09:00 EDT 2007

* Zachary West had this to say on [26 Aug 2007, 18:28:36 -0400]:
> On 8/26/07, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <imadil at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > That's a different flag. The closest flag we have that has somewhat
> > similar meaning is PURPLE_MESSAGE_NICK, which is set when someone says
> > your name in a multi-user chat. But I would much prefer having a new
> > flag rather than using an existing one for a new meaning.
>

> No, it's the same flag. This is the patch that added it:
> http://hiks.net/drop/adium/libgaim.diff -- its purpose is to flag
> nudge/buzz/(notification)s as such.

Indeed! It seems to have happened shortly after the discussion at the
aforementioned SF patch ended, and by a disjoint (and disconnected) set
of developers. I tend to forget that keeping an eye on the commit-list
is not enough to know what's happening.

Considering we have the flag we want, can serv_got_attention just set
the flag and the appropriate message, and call serv_got_im? And let's
have a serv_send_attention, which would call serv_send_im with the
appropriate flag and message set, instead of using serv_got_attention
for sending an attention request.

Sadrul