porting finch to uClinux

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 09:12:56 EDT 2007

Just for the next poor soul who may attempt something like this; I wanted to let everyone know that the problem stems from the blackfin compiler ABI which prepends an underscore to all symbols. Then for whatever reason the GNU automake environment (specifically configure.in and/or Makefile.in) sets LIBTOOL_EXPORT_OPTIONS in such a way as to NOT allow the exporting of symbols preceeded with an underscore.

 simply changing every instance of:

  LIBTOOL_EXPORT_OPTIONS='-export-symbols-regex "^g.*"'

 LIBTOOL_EXPORT_OPTIONS=

 helped me get past that problem. I make no claim that this is the best way or even a correct way to address the problem, but right now it is the only way I have found.

 Bill

Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote: On 8/28/07, Bill Fassler  wrote:
> I believe I have successfully cross-compiled the two prerequisite libraries
> needed for glib (libiconv and gettext). However as I configure and cross
> compile glib (2.13.4) I blow up near the end. I've seen other complaints on
> the Internet that are similar and some were blamed on a libtool bug that was
> fixed. Since I am using the latest and greatest libtool I am uncertain how
> to handle this (mostly because I don't understand it).

You're probably better off asking those people who had the same problem.

-s.