having pidgin run commands from the im windows?

Conor Fitzsimons conunx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:01:26 EST 2007

Thanks for the quick responses, but i have another question

i use a laptop and a desktop, both with pidgin

is it possible to have the desktop be signed off automatically when my
laptop signs on? i know that aim already detects that i am signed on in two
locations.  but could pidgin also know this and for instance, if the desktop
see's me logged in in 2 places, it could automatically forward all waiting
messages to the newly signed on account, then sign off.   and once the
laptop signs on (there are no instances of me being online), it would auto
re sign in?

i know that this is kind of complicated, especially the forwarding of the
messages which have been recieved on the desktop. but i was wondering if
anybody else had thought of/made it already