Area for improvement?

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Fri Dec 7 13:43:36 EST 2007

Charles Lamanna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to modify a data structure within Pidgin as part of a
> larger project. My goal is to increase both performance and memory usage.

I hope you mean /decrease/ memory usage. :P

> Is there a particular data structure that would be best to work on? One
> that has been troublesome or is in need of revision?

If you can tolerate working there, I would suggest you audit the
MySpaceIM protocol plugin for memory links and issues of poor memory
handling, and you can revise the API within the plugin without fear of
breaking compatibility.  There are certainly other places in the
software to look as well, but this is one I've had recent experience with.

Kevin