Search Bar

Santiago san650 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:32:05 EST 2007

Hi,

2007/12/10, André Lemos <tux at tuxslare.org>:
> Antonio Mathias Rüdiger Verona wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm newcomer on this list. I don't know if anyone did the suggestion
> > bellow before, I didn't find it anywhere.
> >
> > At my job I need to use the Microsoft Communicator, its "enterprise"
> > version of MSN. It have a good thing: a contact search bar on top of
> > contact list. Just typing a few characters, it give all contacts with
> > these chars. Its very useful when you have a lot of people on your
> > list.
> >
> > What you think about implement this mechanism on Pidgin too?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Mathias
> >
> > PS: A image of Communicator:
> > http://newweb.cistera.com/nucleus/media/2/20060624-58027_335x620_Communicator_.gif
> >

> In pidgin just start typing with your contact list in focus. It is very
> far from intuitive, but it does what you need.

this is not the same feature.

In Microsoft Communicator the search field, filters the list with the
given pattern. In gtktreeview when you type, the focus goes to the
first item that start with the string you enter and theres a way to go
to the next match.

Its very useful to filter the list with a given pattern when you have
a lot of people on your list.