Showing tab bar when there is only one

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 03:37:00 EST 2007

* Sean Egan had this to say on [12 Dec 2007, 23:23:28 -0800]:
> On Dec 12, 2007 8:34 PM, Shreevatsa R <shreevatsa at cmi.ac.in> wrote:
> > Typing notifications like Google Talk or finch -- a line at the bottom
> > that says "<person> is typing" -- would still be nice, though. :)
>
> I do intend to do that for 2.4.0. (as I intended to for 2.2.0 and 2.3.0 ;))

I have http://pidgin.im/~sadrul/pp/typing_notification_in_imhtml.patch
which adds a '.. is typing' message at the end of the message history.
The behaviour is exactly as it is in Finch:
	- buddy is typing. the notification shows up
	- you send a message. this moves the notification at the end of your
	  message

I think there was a mention of a different sort of behaviour in some
paper you cited in some mail:
	- buddy is typing. the notification shows up
	- you send a message. The typing notification remains in the same
	  place. Your message is appended after the notification.
	- your buddy finally sends the message. This message replaces the
	  typing notification (i.e., the message gets added before the
	  message you sent)

I am not sure how Google Talk does things. But I am not a big fan of the
second approach.

Sadrul