new protocols suggestion

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Sat Dec 15 07:53:27 EST 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 01:37:32PM +0800, The Directory wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I've been using Pidgin for a long time already, and I was wondering if Pidgin supports LAN chat, MySpace IM, and SMP
>
> Please reply,
> -q10

We already support MySpace.  I have not heard of the other two.

We are already overloaded, with more to do than we have time to get to
in a reasonable time frame.  If you would like other protocols, these
will have to be developed as a 3rd party plugin, something that it is
entirely possible to do, and has, in fact, been done in the past.  The
Sametime protocol started out that way for example.

luke