OSCAR custom user icons (XStatuses) support

Andrew Ivanov andrew at softmile.com
Thu Dec 27 07:15:14 EST 2007

Philip Hannent wrote:
> Andrew Ivanov wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone!
>> I'm new to this mailing list however i'm using Pidgin for a pretty long
>> time mostly as ICQ & Yahoo client.
>> Recently i've implemented support for custom user icons (XStatuses) in
>> libpurple (in the same manner as it is in QIP). XStatus shows in buddy
>> list as a picture and it's possible to select personal XStatus for
>> particular ICQ account as well (via "Set Custom Icon..." item in
>> account's menu). My build could be downloaded at:
>> http://bydlocoders.org/downloads/pidgin-2.3.1.exe
>>
> Providing just the compiled binary is not particularly helpful.  We
> cannot see your changes, we cannot properly verify your hard work and
> integrate it back upstream.  Would it be possible for you to provide a
> link to the source files?
>
> Regards
> Phil Hannent

Yes, sure.
I've made a patch: http://bydlocoders.org/downloads/custom_icons.patch
Icons could be downloaded at:
http://bydlocoders.org/downloads/custom_user_icons.tar.gz
Extract them all to
$PIDGIN_DEV_ROOT/pidgin-<version>/pidgin/pixmaps/emblems/16
These icons have actually been taken from QIP so I guess they have to be
replaced with another ones if my changes would be included into Pidgin.

Thanks
 -Andrew