Duplicate Sound Files

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 05:52:04 EDT 2007

* Eric Polino had this to say on [19 Jun 2007, 19:01:36 -0400]:
> Currently the sound files reside in pidgin/sounds.  With the advent of sound
> in Finch, do we want to duplicate the sound files into finch/sounds or move
> them to a global location such as sounds/?
>
> Similarly, and most likely a trivial issue, Finch looks for sounds in
> $PREFIX/share/sounds/finch/.  Though I'm not sure, but due to the fact that
> gntsound is pretty much a copy of gtksound and $PREFIX/share/sounds/pidgin/
> exists, I'm assuming the Pidgin looks for sounds in the latter directory.
> Do we want to create a global directory here, or create separate
> directories?

For the record, the sound files in the source have been moved to
$srcdir/share/sounds (from $srcdir/pidgin/sounds), and installed in
$PREFIX/share/sounds/purple (instead of in $PREFIX/share/sounds/pidgin).
These changes have happened in im.pidgin.soc.2007.finchfeat branch, and
will be propagated to im.pidgin.pidgin once the sound support in finch
is complete.

Regards,
Sadrul