Merging XMPP SoC branch

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Tue Jul 10 12:43:04 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 04:28:37PM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> The Adium team has two other SoC projects that have a dependency on
> the XMPP work that Andy (hal2k) has been doing.  Is there objection to
> merging his code in early and letting him continue to work in HEAD?
>
> -s.

If we have projects depending on it, and if the code & changes
themselves are acceptable (a decision I defer on), then I see no reason
why Andy should not be merged in now, and rebranch if further API
changes are necessary.

I would like to stick to our current roadmap as closely as is realistic,
since we *do* have a substantial number of things that need to be fixed,
and because if we do not force ourselves to focus on them, it will
become easy to let bugs take a back seat to exciting new features.

luke