Merging XMPP SoC branch
Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
imadil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:16:16 EDT 2007
* Mark Doliner had this to say on [10 Jul 2007, 12:49:33 -0500]:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:58:26 -0700, Sean Egan wrote
> > On 7/10/07, Luke Schierer <lschiere at pidgin.im> wrote:
> > > If we have projects depending on it, and if the code & changes
> > > themselves are acceptable (a decision I defer on), then I see no reason
> > > why Andy should not be merged in now, and rebranch if further API
> > > changes are necessary.
> > I did forget that the changes do introduce new API which requires it
> > to be merged in before 2.1.0, unless it wants to wait another two
> > months or so. I'm not opposed to getting it in for 2.1.0.
> Does it add new strings? In either case I vote for waiting until 2.2.0. I
> don't like the idea of merging all those changes so shortly before a release.
> I'm also fine with jumping from 2.1.0 straight to 2.2.0.
I agree completely. If we are going to merge for 2.1.0 anyway, I suggest
we wait till next thursday (July 19th) instead of this for the release
so everyone has time to test the updates and fix possible bugs before
users have to deal with them.
More information about the Devel