Website and recent conversation UI changes

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:55:52 EDT 2007

On 7/16/07, Ethan Blanton <elb at pidgin.im> wrote:
> is intended to be run, the site melts down.  There also seems to be
> some problem with putting acknowledgments in the footer of the site,
> due to limitations of the CMS (or our understanding of it, I'm not
> clear which), which is something we would desperately like to do.  In

Well, judging from the site's headers, you seem to be running "eZ
systems" CMS, and if you go to their site, they have a footer in their
page. So I'm guessing its a limitation of your understanding of the
CMS :)
That said, I have some experience with CMSes (having tested a couple
of them for internal use at our university) and I've found that CMSes
are usually overkill for this kind of work. Static pages + a wiki/trac
is really all you need for a complete content management system.
Right now we're using MoinMoin + static pages for all of our work, and
I personally find it to be much more flexible than our earlier Drupal.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

"..."
               -- Nirbheek Chauhan