updating name windows title

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 17:38:45 EDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Joachim Kluge <lists07 at freedom-x.de> wrote:
> I have one question, though. Imagine a message window with 2 tabs
> (buddy A and B). I just sent a message to buddy A and leave the window
> open. Then buddy B sends me a message. The taskbar entry flashes but the
> caption still reads buddy A. So I have no clue wether A or B or somebody
> else just replied. Is this a limitation or intended?

It's intended, although other developers think it's a poor intention.

Mark (I think it was Mark) once tried to automatically switch to the
new tab if you didn't seem to be using the window, but there
apparently was no reliable way to determine if you were using it.

The flashing means that the window wants your attention; the title is
the title of the active conversation. I don't have a problem with it.

-s.