Persistent chat rooms

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:03:11 EDT 2007

* Casey Harkins had this to say on [23 Jul 2007, 19:18:37 -0500]:
> Daniel Atallah wrote:
> >
> > Presumably we'd actually keep the conv. open and just move it to the
> > hidden conv. window or something.  The scrollback is limited to 2000
> > lines, so I don't think we need to worry about it getting too huge.
> >

> This would be the easiest way to implement this and would get you the
> alert when someone says your name for free.

I would actually advise against it. I would much prefer if it's done in
the core, and the UI made aware not to do anything when conv->ui_data is
NULL. I think this would also make managing hidden conversations (from
the 'Hide Conversations when ...' option) easier, especially for
plugins that deal with PidginConversation.

I think a 'purple_conversation_unset_ui_' (which could call
conv_uiops->destroy_conversation, possibly) and a
'purple_conversation_reset_ui' (which will probably use up one of the
reserves from the conv_uiops bench) would be good.

This will also probably require keeping a list of messages in the
conversations (with the appropriate flags, timestamps etc.), which, I
don't think would be an entirely bad idea.

Sadrul