Typing icon

Bryan Haskins kingofallhearts999 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:11:12 EDT 2007

Kind of outsider input here, but a thought bubble in a way makes sense if
you want to move to a thought-frame of actually people talking. When two
people are talking you (hopefully) think before you speak, this would
transition to typing before you press send, right? It's sort of abstract,
but it does make sense really. Plus how often do most people just type and
press enter? Most people (again hopefully) often think about what they're
saying ,and often change it as they go. Technicality there? I think things
like this make it seem more... Idealistic, if that makes sense.

Was just following this one and thought I'd throw a possible new perspective
at it.

On 7/24/07, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/24/07, Etan Reisner <pidgin at unreliablesource.net> wrote:
> > What applications are you using out of curiosity? pidgin is about the
> only
> > graphical application I use at this point, so things may have gotten
> > better since I last looked, but I seem to recall lots of people
> > complaining about lots of applications when using dark backgrounds the
> > last time I looked.
>
> I was referring just to problems in Pidgin, but I realize your point
> extends to any GTK+ application.
>
> I use Firefox, which uses GTK+ for styling. It had a similar problem
> to Pidgin's incoming IMs; webpages would specify a dark font, without
> specifying a background color. I changed that in Firefox's settings.
> The only other problem it has is that it turns the URL input bright
> yellow for https pages, which is a bit unsightly.
>
> Other GTK+ apps I use are Muine, gedit on occasion, the GNOME Unicode
> browser tool. Everything seems to work fine.
>

> -s.

Cheers,
Bryan