idle detection

Peter Lawler pidgin-devel at bleeter.id.au
Thu Jul 26 10:36:33 EDT 2007

Ethan Blanton wrote:

> This is ... distasteful to me, but I really don't know what else to do
> about it.  This is precisely when we want to be saving the most power.

Personally, I'm suprised that a bunch of tree huggers haven't worked out
a way for the hardware to tell the OS what a reasonable poll timer might
be that could then possibly be computed into a usable figure for an
application, to keep power consumption to a level that makes tins of
Tuna Friendly Dolphin. I'm sure there's something here that I'm missing,
but it's late.

Pete.