Mailinglist for users?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jul 26 15:03:57 EDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:27:08 -0400, Luke Schierer wrote
> > i have a yahoo.com-adresse and want to add this in the current
> > pidgin-version through the msn-protocoll.
> >
> > The error-message is "xxxx at yahoo.com is not a valid passport-account".
> > When i try it with the yahoo-protocoll, then i get the message, that the
> > user does not exist at the server.
> >
> > Ok. When i try it under windows xp in messenger live, then i can add
> > successfully the adress to my bookmarks.
> >
> > How i can get help?
> > What can i do to give you some more informations?
>
> Our msn code does not yet support the new msn<->yahoo integration.  You
> would have to add this as a yahoo account, not as an msn account.
> Still, even if you were to do so, it would not work fully as you
> expect, you would only be able to see other yahoo accounts, not msn accounts.

Er, for the record you can use any email address as your MSN passport account.
 If you've used your yahoo.com email address then you can sign onto MSN using
"whoever at yahoo.com" in Pidgin.  I just tested it and it works (and has worked
for a while).

I have no idea if that's what Michael is trying to do.

-Mark