Account editor

Dale Worley dworley at pingtel.com
Fri Jul 27 21:59:45 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 16:10 -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> People are always getting confused by our account editor!

I think it would help if you had someone go over it who wasn't
intimately involved with Pidgin or overly familiar with IM.  I know it
took me a while to figure out that "screen name" was what the name the
IM service used for a person and "alias" was how that person
displayed.

Also, if you right-click on a person, there is no "Properties" or "Edit"
option that brings up the same form that was used to add the person
initially; you seem to be able to edit only selected aspects of a buddy.

There are also a bunch of little icons (green ball, red X, arrows and
doors) whose meanings are obscure, but if you hover the mouse over them,
Pidgin won't tell you what they mean.  (Though if you hover the mouse
over a buddy's name it will helpfully tell you what their name is, which
you already knew.)

Dale