Revision 9058fe6e7cd1f26b40f3f0e298214bc75b1e576d

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Fri Jun 1 16:11:21 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:54 -0400, Nathan Walp wrote:
> Sean Egan wrote:
> > On 6/1/07, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> >> Why wouldn't we want to linkify join and part messages?
> >
> > Presumingly, to prevent:
> >
> > Darien [n=darien at 69.90.0.29] entered the room.
> >

> Actually, it's to prevent Clint at Work [someone at gmail.com] entered the
> room.  (the linkify code already ignores stuff inside of HTML tags, and
> the address part of the join messages is inside of <i></i>)

Umm, linkify does not ignore things in <i></i>, but it does not linkify
invalid email addresses (which a full JID is)

For "Clint at Work" we should probably make purple_email_is_valid() reject
addresses with just a single domain part.

Right now, this:

(19:40:30) user left the room (Download this: http://pidgin.im/).

won't be linked and we'll have far fewer people downloading pidgin...
oh, but only if they already have pidgin... hmm. Maybe I'm onto a losing
argument here.

How about we a) only disable linkifying for join messages, and b) fix
purple_email_is_valid to require multiple domain parts?

Regards,

Stu.