Revision 9058fe6e7cd1f26b40f3f0e298214bc75b1e576d

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Fri Jun 1 21:30:43 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:20:55PM -0400, Stu Tomlinson wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 20:55 -0400, Nathan Walp wrote:
> > Stu Tomlinson wrote:
> > > How about we a) only disable linkifying for join messages, and b) fix
> > > purple_email_is_valid to require multiple domain parts?
> > >

> > Only disabling them in join means that "Foo at Bar left the room" still
> > gets linkified.
>
> Only if you decline my suggestion (b). (and I made that suggestion
> because in all of SILC, IRC & XMPP the 'left the room' message only uses
> the nick and not anything that might look more like an email address)

I don't much care about the 'issue' at hand here, the extraneous incorrect
linkifying has never particularly annoyed me, but the fact that pidgin
does give me the hostmask information at part time that it did at join
time has bothered me for a while (but clearly never enough to bring up or
do anything about). So for whatever it is worth I would advocate showing
as much relevant information in both join and part messages and then
working from that place to figure out how to handle this.

<snip>

> Regards,
>
> Stu.

	-Etan