im.pidgin.pidgin.2.1.0

Eoin Coffey ecoffey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 20:57:26 EDT 2007

I *might* have something useful for the 2.1.0 branch if anyone thinks its a
good idea.  While I was writing my unit test case thing for the mono-loader
I felt the need for a way to filter debug output based on the category.  So
I added a simple function to the debug api:

purple_debug_add_allowed_category.

Basically you pass it a category, and that is added to an internal list of
allowed categories.  When purple_debug is called that list is checked (via
purple_debug_category_allowed) and printed if it's there.  If
add_allowed_categroy is passed NULL then all categories are allowed to be
printed.

You could even extend this so that the -d command line switch takes an
optional comma delimited string of allowed categories.

This is kind of random, and nicheish, but I thought that someone else might
also find it useful.

The change first appeared in revision
266f17bc1ef815e2cc8e67ec28ad7efe4c8b17d7 in the
im.pidgin.soc.2007.monoloader branch.

-Eoin