Plugins-for-Plugins Issue

Andreas Monitzer pidgin at monitzer.com
Wed Jun 6 13:24:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

As some of you might have noticed, I recently added PEP-support to
the jabber plugin in libpurple. Then I wanted to add a plugin based
on PEP.
However, this plugin would need access to my PEP API, which is part
of the jabber plugin:
http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/revision/file/
727cd8fe60679998ff78090ca266324570125aaf/libpurple/protocols/jabber/
pep.c
This doesn't seem to be possible right now, plugins can only access
the main library. However, I was told on #pidgin to implement
everything as plugins, in order to not spoil the main library with
stuff pidgin doesn't use.
Should I just scrap that and implement it directly into the jabber
plugin? It seems that libpurple isn't prepared for this kind of
situation...

andy