pidgin plugins for corporate compliance

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:40:29 EDT 2007

Roy Rim wrote:
> I also wouldn't want to "hide" the plugin.  In fact making it plainly
> obvious that conversations will be recorded and reviewed is good for
> both the employee and the employer and anyone they communicate with.
> The user's disclaimer should say this to any buddy they are chatting
> with (another requirement for most companies).

Hiding the plugin would prevent it from being disabled. Another
possibility would be to not hide it, but create a second plugin that is
hidden that would keep the other one enabled.

You could also suggest to these companies to run their own XMPP (Jabber)
server and handle the logging on the server side, which would be much
more reliable.

-casey