response to http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/414

Neal Rapoport neal at dealtaker.com
Fri Jun 8 22:18:09 EDT 2007

I think it'd be useful to know which protocol was used because:
1. When in a message, if the person signed off, MSN & Yahoo cache the
message if you reply, but AIM doesn't so you don't know if they are
going to get your message.
2. MSN doesn't say the total online time or away message when hovering,
so you waste time hovering without getting info.
3. If you can choose which protocol to IM someone, then you have
different smiley choices.  I memorized the keyboard ones for AIM, but i
keep getting text, because It sometimes is msn or yahoo.

Maybe create a directory of those images, and then people can upload
image-sets of their choosing?