Help Menu Slashing

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Jun 12 00:24:32 EDT 2007

I'd like to re-raise my objection to the removal of the Help menu. It's
my understanding that it was done to remedy the "problem" of people
wanting to shrink their buddy list a ton and avoid the cosmetic issue of
cutting off the Help menu. I think that's an insufficient justification
for violating consistency with EVERY OTHER APPLICATION.

We also lost the online help option, which seems like a big loss to me.

I very strongly believe those changes should be reverted. I absolutely
do NOT want to release like this.

Richard

P.S. I don't want to hear any crying about string freezes, as the string
was there for the last release, so we can deal with that.