I HATE the lack of protocol icons

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Jun 12 02:38:50 EDT 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:32:46 -0700, Sean Egan wrote
> On 6/11/07, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> > Those don't scream "available" to me at all.  I much prefer the green circle.
>
> I agree; I don't care for the feathers at all. But the people who
> feel we're being too much like other clients (iChat, Microsoft Live
> Communicator, Google Talk, etc.) think the green dot is bad.

Say whaaaat.  In this instance consistency is an amazingly good thing.  If we
wanted to be different we might as well emulate freaking Sonique [1] or something.

> The 'green dot' has an obvious real-life metaphor in a green traffic
> light, and if you're going to see one icon more than any other in
> your list, I'd much rather it be something nice and neutral rather
> than a weird, irregular, feather.

Fer sure, brah

-Mark

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Media_player_sonique-1.95.png