Duplicate Sound Files

Eric Polino aluink at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 19:01:36 EDT 2007

Currently the sound files reside in pidgin/sounds.  With the advent of sound
in Finch, do we want to duplicate the sound files into finch/sounds or move
them to a global location such as sounds/?

Similarly, and most likely a trivial issue, Finch looks for sounds in
$PREFIX/share/sounds/finch/.  Though I'm not sure, but due to the fact that
gntsound is pretty much a copy of gtksound and $PREFIX/share/sounds/pidgin/
exists, I'm assuming the Pidgin looks for sounds in the latter directory.
Do we want to create a global directory here, or create separate
directories?

--
Eric Polino

http://aluink.blogspot.com

--
"...indexable arrays, which may be thought of as functions whose domains are
isomorphic to contiguous subsets of the integers."