Revision 6d1ef619baf3d738285880ef745ddd512d6e97bb

Andreas Monitzer pidgin at monitzer.com
Thu Jun 21 20:37:53 EDT 2007

On Jun 22, 2007, at 02:29, Sean Egan wrote:

> On 6/21/07, Andreas Monitzer <pidgin at monitzer.com> wrote:
>> Yes, on XMPP, you request a new account, the server sends back a
>> form, and the user gets that form. Then the user can fill that out
>> and send it to the server. This could/will be different than the one
>> entered in the text field before clicking register.
>> If you want, I can create a screenshot gallery on Adium to show you
>> how the process works there now.
>
> Couldn't you, then, set the PurpleAccount's screenname and passwords
> fields accordingly?

That was already happening for the user name (which I reused), but I
couldn't find a password field (I had to add one for my code).
The callback also states the point in time when it happens, and
whether it succeeded or not. Previously, this information was only
logged by PurpleDebug, which is of limited use for the user interface.

andy