Revision 6d1ef619baf3d738285880ef745ddd512d6e97bb

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Thu Jun 21 21:01:01 EDT 2007

Quoting Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com>:

> On 6/21/07, am at adiumx.com <am at adiumx.com> wrote:
>> Implemented a callback for a successful registration, supplying the
>>  username and password to the application when available, in the
>> way  explained by Sean.
>
> I'm not sure why you would need to supply the username and password to
> the callback. Would there be a case where the username/password we
> request to the registration function isn't what we get back?

The password may not be available to the callback outside of its
parameters, at least not without special-casing the 'password' field
of the registration form.

> Can we just remove registration entirely? ;)
Aww... *pats registration on the head* I think automatic registration
with the server is one of the first in-your-face things which
recommends use of xmpp over other messaging services from the
perspective of a newbie who doesn't realize he should care about open
standards and cross-compatibility. :)