Ability to sort buddy list groups

Vinnie Lima vlima at csc.com
Mon Jun 25 09:39:28 EDT 2007

Thanks, i didnt mean to be rude previously but its just not feasible for
me to hand edit and decide where each group should belong so they are all
alphabetical, specially because they will become out of order within a
week or two.

Since pidgin *has* the ability to alphabetize and sort the buddies, why
not extend it to do the same feature for the groups? User friendliness
goes a long way, specially for such a cool gadget as pidgin. I'm surprised
no one has asked this, specially those who use pidgin for corporate notes
sametime meeting, where there may be thousands of notes groups configured.

Thanks,
Vinnie

Etan Reisner <pidgin at unreliablesource.net>
06/25/2007 02:26 PM

Vinnie Lima/GIS/CSC at CSC
cc
devel at pidgin.im
Subject
Re: Ability to sort buddy list groups

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 02:17:04PM +0100, Vinnie Lima wrote:
> Easy to do if you dont have 100+ buddy list groups :)
>
> Otherwise...no.
>

> Vinnie Lima

It is still easy, it just takes longer. And the fact that it takes a while
because you have a lot of them doesn't change the fact that it is
possible. You might be able to hand edit the blist.xml file while pidgin
isn't running and organize the groups by hand that way, but I'm not sure.

                 -Etan