Inconsistent behavior when closing buddy list

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:21:01 EDT 2007

Etan Reisner wrote:
> I could have sworn that Sean took care of this issue when we moved the
> docklet into the core and made 'on new events' an option. Did that not
> happen? If we are currently inconsistent when 'on new events' is selected
> I think that mode should behave identically to 'never' and always close
> the list, leaving hide as the action for 'always'. I think that will
> likely always do what people expect.

You're right, I swear I tested this and observed that behavior (in
addition to looking over the code). With docklet set to show only on new
messages, pidgin will exit when the buddy list is closed.

So, I guess the only relevant part of my proposal is whether to use the
same behavior when the tray icon is set to always show (and use some
other means to minimize/hide to tray). I'm less concerned about this
than what I thought was happening previously.

-casey