Some suggestions on the infopane of conversation

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:11:08 EDT 2007

On 6/27/07, Ka-Hing Cheung <khc at hxbc.us> wrote:
> >  * The status icon goes back in the tab.

If this is really a deal-breaker, I'm ok bringing it back, although
I've come to appreciate it beyond it's original "kill redundancy"
intention.

> >  * The infopane moves to the bottom of the conversation history.

This I do not like. Like most everyone else who commented, I think
this is an awkward place for this.

> >  * The protocol-icon replaces the status-icon in the infopane.

I'm guessing this was an attempt to kill redundancy. I'm not so
convinced that redundancy is a huge problem.

> >  * The status message/chat topic goes to the right of the screenname
> >    instead of below.

What was the rationale of this change? You seem to still have enough
room for two lines.

> >  * The tab is displayed even when you have only one tab.
> >  * You cannot drag-n-drop the infopane for anything.

A few people have mentioned "widget jumping" as the reason they prefer
always having tabs. Lots of people think it's silly having tabs when
there's only one conversation window is open. I'm impartial (really!).
Is "widget jumping" really an issue? I can't honestly imagine it is.