Revision 19f9d9441f9327277a330a655cbb258d0cda1018

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Jun 28 11:13:27 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 10:12:35AM -0500, Chris Forsythe wrote:
<snip>
> Is that based on windows shaking? I believe Andreas has a different,
> more elegant solution for how the UI will work within Adium than shaking
> the window willy nilly.
>
> Chris

While the shaking is a large part of what I despise about this feature, I
also just plainly see zero reason to need such a thing. I would turn off
any such notifications immediately. If someone wants my attention they can
send me an IM, if I don't notice or choose not to respond I very much do
not want them demanding it in other (likely more annoying) ways.

Though I must admit to being curious as to the notification method you are
talking about. Since I imagine it would need to be something other than a
sound (because normal messages do that), a popup notification
(guifications/growl) (because normal messages can do that), a printed
message in the conversation window (becuase that might as well just be a
normal message), or causing the window to shake (because you just ruled
that out) I am somewhat at a loss as to what else you might do.

	-Etan