Revision 19f9d9441f9327277a330a655cbb258d0cda1018

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:55:31 EDT 2007

On 6/28/07, Chris Forsythe <chris at growl.info> wrote> Etan Reisner wrote:
> True, but isn't libpurple a library that does not shape Pidgin?

I, personally, have no objection to this. My original comment was only
because I know the general feelings of those who maintain the Jabber
prpl, regarding this feature specifically and the standards process in
general.

Anyone who has ever spent time following the XMPP standards process
would probably realize nothing would ever get done if you waited to
see the standards process all the way through. It's hard to properly
see through a protocol until you have at least two implementations of
this.

My only caveat would be that "http://pidgin.im/xmpp/" may not be the
best namespace URI for this. http://pidgin.im/libpurple/xmpp might be
better. Perhaps, since it's a feature primarily desired by Adium:
http://adiumx.com/xmpp

And I'm sure some people here would prefer it to be:

<buzz xmlns='mailto:am at adiumx.com?subject=I+hate+buzz+you+suck'/>

:)

I generally concede to Nathan and Etan on issues of the XMPP plugin,
but I'm at a conference in Chicago right now and Peter Saint-Andre,
"Patron Saint of Jabber" is sitting right next to me. When we have a
break, I'll ask him what he recommends.

-s.