Remote controlling Pidgin?

Etan S. C. Reisner deryni at unreliablesource.net
Tue May 1 19:57:08 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 12:14:29AM +0200, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> At Tue, 1 May 2007 15:02:09 -0700,
> Sean Egan wrote:
> > >  Where do I find a command reference?
> >
> > http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen
>
> That contains the commands that can be used from purple-remote?  I
> didn't look at it yet because most of the time Doxygen documentation is
> for coders and I'm an end user.

purple-send is a dbus interface to pidgin, the doxygen reference lists all
the functions that can possibly be called.

purple-remote is a simplified tool to do specific things with pidgin,
running purple-remote by itself should print out usage information with
example commands. If you don't then that likely means you are missing one
of the python modules that are needed for purple-remote to work.

If you run 'grep command purple-remote' you will see a number of lines
which compare command to a string each of those strings is a possible
command.

> All I want to do is to put Pidgin offline.  Perhaps someone knows off
> the top of the head how this can be done (actually a *very* important
> feature, if you care about data safety).

You need to set the status in pidgin to do that.

> --
> Felix E. Klee
> Jabber: feklee at jabber.org, SIP: 9779619 at sipgate.de, Skype: felix.klee

    -Etan