Fwd: [Pidgin] #552: Description disappeared from field bottom of the contacts list

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Wed May 2 15:32:22 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 11:49:36AM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> deryni doesn't remember but recalls it being an "overwhelmingly
> popular move." I think it was a dumb move. Discuss.
>
> -s.

One of the frequent complaints with the early betas was that you could
not return from away.  In tracing this, we discovered that people
actually could and were returning from away, they were confused by the
fact that the status message was preserved.  changing this behavior
fixed this "bug" for significant numbers of users.

luke