Fwd: [Pidgin] #552: Description disappeared from field bottom of the contacts list

Travis Harris travis at newcovsoft.com
Wed May 2 20:37:10 EDT 2007

Alright... if this idea is still not good then 3rd strike, and I am out on
this one....

How about when you set your status to available, if there is an existing
status message it pops up a diologue asking if they would like to clear
their status message as well... and then has a checkbox that says something
along the lines of "save this preference, and do not ask again" then it
toggles a preference like the one I mentioned earlier.

Just trying to find the best of both worlds, and I work on interface design
every day... I know there are "special people" out there that we need to
care about, and there are the elite users who don't want to be bothered by
simple things.  But in fact, if possible, I'd favor the simpler folk with a
default preference, because the elite users are more apt to find and be able
to toggle a preference.

God Bless,
     Travis Harris