List of things I don't like about using Monotone

Chris Stafford gaimsubs at notak.co.uk
Thu May 3 08:33:08 EDT 2007

Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Thu, 3 May 2007 01:13:31 -0500, Mark Doliner wrote

> view a

>>> Meld seems to be trying, but failing. This is probably a bug in
>>> Meld's Monotone support. It's supposed to support Monotone, I
>>> believe. You should file a bug with the Meld developers.
>>>
>> Hey, you're right.  When I first tried this a few months ago my
>> version of Meld had no support for Monotone.  I'll look into filing
>> a bug with them.
>> (Meld is spectacular.)
>>

> Looks like this is already fixed in their repo.  I copied and pasted the
> contents of http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/meld/trunk/vc/monotone.py?view=markup
> into my /usr/lib/meld/vc/monotone.py file and things seem to be working
>
> -Mark

Excellent. I've started using meld thanks to it getting mentioned here,
and I noticed the svn tree stuff was quite swish. It should probably get
a more prominent namecheck on the pidgin-monotone page.

As to monotone, I'm so pleased with the flexibility of branch handling
that I'm shifting our all our source from svn to it at work.

chris