Revision 57b4e954f5830e1dddd9bffb697deb057fb35943

Nathan Walp nwalp at pidgin.im
Thu May 3 15:02:50 EDT 2007

Sean Egan wrote:
> This revision reverts what I had considered a fix. How were buddy
> icons broken by my change?
>
> I don't think overwriting the vCard everytime you sign in is a good idea.

I don't think it is either, but it's a function of how these hacky vCard
avatars work.

If we don't update the PHOTO element (and really, even if we do update
it), then our hash can/will be different than the one we're advertising,
which we're not supposed to do.

Also, in the current code, we don't even compute the hash until we set
the vCard (for the above reason), so not setting it means we don't
advertise anything, which means people don't retrieve our icon.

It all sucks, and we need pubsub avatars...badly.

-Nathan