How to change default value on Directory screen

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 15:12:43 EDT 2007

On 4/27/07, Etan S. C. Reisner <deryni at unreliablesource.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 10:25:16AM -0600, Jon Slater wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me what I'm looking for in the debug window that would
> > indicate why I'm not getting the right jud from my server?
>
> You are looking for the service discovery information that comes back from
> the server right after you succesfully sign in. disco#info or disco#items.
> Specifically, you are looking for <identity> tags and one with
> category='directory'. (Though looking over the specs again pidgin could
> probably stand to understand more types of directories, but that's not
> relevant to your issue.)
>
> Like I said, you can just paste the relevant sections into an email and
> we'll point out what is broken or if it is just missing.

I'm glad somebody actually asked this question as I have been looking for an
answer for quite some time.

I'm using Wildfire 3.1.1.x (I know 3.3.0 is out with a new name "Openfire")
and the response from the server for disco queries is:

(Gaim on Ubuntu Feisty):

jabber: Recv (ssl)(268): <iq type="result" id="gaim789dac86" from="
search.chat.example.com" to="user at chat.example.com/Work"><query xmlns="
http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info"><identity category="search"
type="text" name="User Search"/><feature
var="jabber:iq:search"/></query></iq>

(replaced my real domain with "example")

However, when I go to the Search Users, the URL is users.jabber.org. I'm
guessing is because the category is "search" and not "directory" ?

Exodus 0.9.1 sets the search server to the right thing. So I know the server
is setup correctly.

Ideas?

--
Luis Mondesi

"Feliz el hombre que ha hallado sabiduria y el hombre que consigue
discernimiento, porque el tenerla como ganancia es mejor que tener la plata
como ganancia; y el tenerla como producto, [mejor] que el oro mismo" (Prov
3:13-14)