Pidgin 2.0.1 two windows additionally

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon May 7 12:43:45 EDT 2007

On Sat, 5 May 2007 02:22:56 -0700, Sean Egan wrote
> On 5/4/07, thomasasta at gmx.net <thomasasta at gmx.net> wrote:
> > I want to ask, if it is possible to implement the serverless IM protocol
of this messenger?
> > http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=618174
>
> I don't see anything relevant in this link. As far as serverless IM
> goes, we support Bonjour. As that has turned into an XMPP standard, I
> doubt there's much reasson to support anything else in this respect.

Well, Bonjour only works with people on our local subnet, so it doesn't
completely duplicate the functionality of Retroshare.  But I haven't seen a
lot of requests for Retroshare, so I don't think it makes sense for us to
include a plugin for it in Pidgin at this time.

I suggest finding someone willing to create an external protocol plugin for
Retroshare, and maintaining it as an out-of-tree plugin for at least a year
and see if people use it and if the Retroshare network becomes more popular.
After that's done, send us another email and we'll revisit the issue.

-Mark