REMINDER: Board meeting one week from today

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Wed May 9 08:41:00 EDT 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:12:11PM -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 20:56 -0400, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> > Is there a particular reason we want a non-virtual server, as opposed
> > to, say, a second virtual server?
>
> Is there a particular reason we want a second server?
>
> Richard

This has come up in devel at conference.pidgin.im a couple of times, and
#pidgin on irc.freenode.net once (that I know of).  If we push the
webhosting off the server where mtn & mail are, or push just
developer.pidgin.im and its related needs (a copy of the mtn database,
postgres, and a mail server for outgoing mail only), then we should be
better able to prevent any one service from taking down all services.

This is particularly beneficial when we appear on /. or Ars or similar,
but as our continuing load average shows, it would help in any case.

luke