REMINDER: Board meeting one week from today

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed May 9 12:09:09 EDT 2007

Evan Schoenberg spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On May 9, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> > I don't think there are any
> >such problem in GSoC that we need to talk about, just now.  :-)
>
> We should plan to establish a policy as to what is going to be done
> with the $500 per mentor from Google in association with the GSoC.
> I'm fine with that policy being what was done in the past, with the
> money going into the project's coffers directly, but I think it
> should be formally noted.

I think that is a decision up to the individual mentors.  In the past,
every Gaim SoC mentor has chosen to donate their mentor payment (for
example, I have donated $2,000 to Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. in
this manner) to the project.  This decision is made by the mentors,
not by IMF, Inc.  It is true that this was a decision made as a group
in the past, but it was not under the auspices of IMF, Inc. or any
other, larger group.  (For the record, both years the decision has
been unanimous -- which just goes to show what an awesome bunch of
developers we have!)

I am not sure what we could do about this at the board meeting, except
perhaps vote to say "Thank You" to the donors.  ;-)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.