Request for help to modify buddy list window

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Mon May 14 16:04:45 EDT 2007

Hi Sean.

Sean Egan, 14.05.2007 21:59:
> On 5/14/07, Mathias Brodala <info at noctus.net> wrote:
>> The last time I tried that one, it always killed my Gaim, now this
>> doesn't
>> happen anymore. But what it does right now is pretty stupid: it adds
>> another
>> status selector and buddy icon. I can hide this one via the main menu
>> (why not
>> in the plugin configuration dialogue? Weird.) but not the default one.
>> Seems
>> like this plugin has not been updated to work with Pidin.
>
> You said you were interested in a code change. Sadrul's plugin is
> capable of doing this, so I told you to refer to it as a reference.

Yeah, I’ll definitely look into its source, but …

> my knowledge, his plugin does not do exactly what you want to do.

… it did the last time I used it (beta3). It was unstable but able to hide the
global selector and buddy icon. The "toggle …" entries in the main menu for
example have no function right now. That’s the debug output after toggling the
selector, the icon and showing "None":

> (22:03:13) prefs: purple_prefs_get_bool: Unknown pref /pidgin/gtk/gtk-plugin_pack-mystatusbox/iconsel
> (22:03:20) prefs: purple_prefs_get_bool: Unknown pref /pidgin/gtk/gtk-plugin_pack-mystatusbox/global
> (22:03:24) prefs: purple_prefs_get_int: Unknown pref /pidgin/gtk/blist/height
> (22:03:24) prefs: purple_prefs_get_bool: Unknown pref /pidgin/gtk/gtk-plugin_pack-mystatusbox/global

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules