Layout problem of Pidgin.im first page in Opera

Shkutkov Michael mish at rsu.ru
Tue May 15 08:41:56 EDT 2007

Chris Stafford wrote:
> Fang Liu wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 May 2007 16:42:46 -0700, Shkutkov Michael <mish at rsu.ru> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does anybody use Opera browser?
>>> There is a problem with layout of first page (I mean http://pidgin.im/
>>> )  . With Firefox this page looks normal.
>>>

>> Yes, it happens to me with Opera 9.20 too.
>>

> Looks like it's because the section titled "Gaim is now Pidgin" is
> enclosed (H1 title, P and all) in a H3 element, which is invalid. I
> guess FF is ignoring it, while Opera uses the bigger font that H3 implies.

Yeah, I think the same. H3 like SPAN tag connot hold other HTML tags
(for more information
http://www.christopherjason.com/articles/difference-span-div-tags/)
So in this case DIV should be used instead of H3 tag. And, imho,
"HomeLeftText" class no need more.

Opera and Firefox users can check how first page looks like with this
little changes : http://mac.cc.rsu.ru/~shkutkov/pidgin/

P.S. patch for first page is in attachments

--
With best regards,
Shkutkov Michael