g_object_{new,set,get} vs. class-specific function

Eric Polino aluink at gmail.com
Sun May 20 13:32:42 EDT 2007

> You asked me why I prefer using GObject properties rather than
> class-specific accessors and constructors.

Furthermore, I think this conversation is something that might also help me
better understand the model, but I'm not 100% clear on what's being
discussed.  After reading the thread I've gotten a better idea, but if
someone could just drop it down clean and clear that'd be great, or send me
a link to something that could do it.

One more thing, I AM familiar with event driven apps, and OO.  The thing is
that I've done all my OO with C++/Java classes so the C way isn't as *nice*,
at least I'm not convinced yet, I might stand to be proven wrong and/or
shown the "light" ;)  I've also done event driven in Java, but again, it's
different here and I'm lacking the segways.

Thanks again!
Eric

--
"...indexable arrays, which may be thought of as functions whose domains are
isomorphic to contiguous subsets of the integers."