plugin conflicts

Nathan Walp nwalp at pidgin.im
Sun May 20 23:57:36 EDT 2007

Ethan Blanton wrote:
> Etan Reisner spake unto us the following wisdom:
>>> If there is already an open conversation, Bot Sentry doesn't challenge
>>> the person sending you an IM.  Thus, any time Psychic Mode opens a
>>> window before the person sends a message, it makes Bot Sentry think
>>> you are already talking to this person.
>> Sounds like a vote for killing the psychic plugin to me. I'm in.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Ethan

It seems to me that the bot sentry plugin could be made more intelligent
about when to challenge someone, by attaching to other signals and
keeping an internal list.  It could also probably block the typing
signals that the psychic plugin uses to open IM windows unless the user
is on it's internal list.  There's no reason to kill the psychic plugin.

-Nathan