Conversation window redesign

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Tue May 22 21:10:36 EDT 2007

This is so post-2.0 - nice to see this kind of thing being worked on.

I turn off the formatting bar - if it were up to me, that would be off
by default.

I don't like the duplication of the contact name in the tab, and then
again immediately below. I think this could be an opportunity to hid the
single tab/tab-bar when there is only one tab - and still find a place
to display the status icon.

For what it's worth, the Tomboy note-taking app has a single "Text" menu
with all text formatting options in one small list. Here's a screenshot:
  http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/pidgin/tomboy-formatting.png

Cheers,
Steven Garrity