Posting debug logs to trac

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 03:11:58 EDT 2007

On 5/20/07, Etan Reisner <pidgin at unreliablesource.net> wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 08:04:55PM -0400, James Lockie wrote:
> <snip>
> > I totally agree.
> > What are the potential problems with pidgin anonymising the log file?

I'm probably in favor of anonymizing where possible. At least one prpl
will print a somewhat obfuscated password in the log, which most
people see no problem in pasting.

It should be easy enough to do string hashes on various names in order
to anonymize them but keep it easy to tell them apart.

Ideally, the log would be shown in un-anonymized form in the debug
viewer, but then provide a way to anonymize it. We could probably even
get fancy and have it automatically copy an anonymized version
whenever you tried copying from it.

Someone should open an enhancement ticket.

-s.